Monday, October 11, 2010

Terry Palmer Eulogy

Terry Palmer was one of those diamonds of humanity so precious and rare in this world
Born into an afluent family They ostracized him because he was gay
He lived the hedonostic lifestyle in florida Drugs sex and all vices
His story is an inspiration to me personally

GODS hands touched him
I was drawn back to the mission and I saw him 3 weeks before his death in typical Terry fashion he said he was being sick so someone else didnt have to be.

I embraced him and hugged him on that cold windy day in the sqaure there We told each other we loved one another
I looked into his sapphire blue eyes and told him ill see you soon As i walked away he was befreinding a new inductee into the mission

I met terry at the mission when i lost my job freinds home and health It was the best thing to ever happen to me
He was the first one to approach me as i nervously waited to see if i could get in

He asked me if i knew the lord I barely anwsered him GODS power hadnt touched me yet
He told me of coming to mission to die of HIV because he had nowhere to go

On his death bed he had no more time to live thats what the doctors said years ago and he proved them wrong living and loving in short years more purely than most do in a lfe time

He said he was dying and all he could here was the respirator and the nurses alarm going off
In his vision he heard a clear voice telling him it wasnt him time to die GOD touched Him

He awoke and within a month his white cells and blood were clean
He was HIV free

On that day Terry Palmer started telling his story and winning souls for the kingdom
He earned his wings and sits with JESUS as we speak today

I and Edaurdo and Terry all started college together
He carried my boooks when I had 2 knee surgerys and had to use cruthces for college

He became a christain counselor and minister
We all got our degrees the first and only 3 at mission still to this day to do it

He stayed at mission and changed his life and impacted countless others
He healed his family and they saw him and they came to truly know the lord

He was my freind and I cant wait to go to heaven and see him
I cry not for sorrow but the beauty of a life lived to from destruction to ressurection
I give you my gift terry only that i show people i love and trust for you.

I call this eternity


Summer is gone cold skys of gray.
.My love for you will never fade.

Embace eternity.
Mortal chains broken you are free.

I wont be sad you are gone.
My love will always live on.

Summer is gone cold skys of gray.
My love for you will never fade.

I know where your at at all is well.
You gave all your love and kept none for yourself.

Now you are free to embrace eternity.
Love you showed is forever bright.

Embraced eternity and flew to the light.

Summer is gone cold skys of gray.
Love and hope of GODS grace.

I long to that day to again see your face.
Summer is gone cold skys of gray.
You live in my heart never far away.

I love you Terry.
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment